Residential Painting

With Faraci House Painting, you not only get a professional painting contractor, you get an experienced friend in the construction business. We work closely with our customers to ensure the best results for your project, we pay special attention to every detail of the job from start to finish. We guarantee clean, efficient and prompt service.


Before After

Painting Services Offered

Interior Residential FAQ

VOC stands for “Volatile Organic Compound.” “Volatile” describes a liquid that evaporates at room temperature. “Organic” means a compound that contains carbon. Thousands of VOC’s, some natural and some man-made can be found in the air. Most natural VOC’s are emitted from sources like trees and vegetation. The primary man-made sources of VOC’s are motor vehicle exhaust, unburned gasoline, and solvents.

Paint finish, gloss level, sheen and enamel are all similar ways of saying the same thing. These describe the smoothness and light reflectivity of the dry paint on a painted surface. There are approximately six sheen types and each has a name corresponding to its light reflective qualities. Sheens range from:

  • flat or matte (no-gloss)
  • eggshell
  • satin finish
  • low luster
  • semi-gloss
  • high-gloss

Each sheen has different qualities and uses. For example, a flat paint is often used to give a room a velvety look or to cover uneven drywall or plaster. A semi-gloss finish is often used in bathrooms and kitchens since it is cleanable and has a strong, hard shine. Generally, the higher the sheen the easier the paint is to clean.

Traditionally, dry room walls and ceilings are painted in flat or eggshell and trim is painted in satin or semi-gloss enamel. Wet rooms such as kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry rooms are painted in semi-gloss.

High moisture rooms like kitchens and bathrooms do better with semi-gloss enamel paint. Semi-gloss paints are more moisture resistant, dirt resistant, washable.

Do not throw your paint in the trash. Go to to find a list of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection sites. This service is free and they will accept your old paint. The staff at the collection center will take the paint out of your car for you and dispose of it properly. Check hours of operation for each site because they are only open certain days a week for a few hours each day.

Yes.. The quality of low VOC paints has greatly improved in recent years. Feel free to use a low VOC paint and expect the same quality as conventional paints.

Exterior Residential FAQ

Spraying and “brush & roll” are both acceptable ways to apply paint as long as the paint is put on at the proper spread rate (sq. ft./gallon). Spraying will provide a smoother appearance but is difficult to touch up. Brushing and rolling paint doesn’t give as smooth an appearance as spraying, but is easier to touch up. Some people say that sprayed paint will not adhere as well as brushed & rolled paint but, if the surface is totally clean, both methods will adhere properly. Peeling problems can arise when sprayed paint is applied to a partially cleaned or dirty wall or surface. Depending on the surface to be painted and the condition and location it is in, a quality paint applicator will decide whether a spray or brush & rolled application technique is the best choice for the project.

Yes. All contractors are required to be licensed in California through the Contractor’s State License Board (CSLB). To verify that a person claiming to be a contractor is licensed, ask to see his state issued license and personal identification to make sure you are dealing with the individual named on the contractor’s license. All contractors are required to carry their contractor’s license with them.

Homeowners need to be fully aware of who they are letting into their homes. The importance of spending a couple of minutes on CSLB’s website to check the license before you hire a contractor to ensure you aren’t putting your family or your home at risk.

Licensed painting contractors must have at least four years of journey-level painting experience in their license classification & must pass exams demonstrating extensive knowledge of the painting trade & California contracting laws.

A licensed contractor must carry workers compensation insurance to shield homeowners from liability and have a contractor’s license bond for consumer protection (generally stated as “bonded”) If there is ever a problem with work done by any licensed contractor, their work is regulated by the CSLB and they will help you get satisfaction. The CSLB protects consumers by licensing and regulating California contractors.

Unlicensed painters are unregulated, uninsured, and often don’t know about the latest paint developments. If you have a problem with them or their work, it is very difficult to get help because no government agency regulates them. They generally have no ties to the community and don’t return to fix problems. To verify a contractor’s license number, go to At the CSLB web site, you can verify that the contractor is in good standing.

A contractor’s bond policy (“bonded”) has nothing to do with passing a security check. It simply means that there is an insurance policy in place for $15,000.00 to cover finishing a job when using a licensed contractor if the contractor can’t or doesn’t finish your project.

Many people aren’t comfortable having a crew of men use their bathrooms for a week or more. I often recommend renting a port-o-potty and place it somewhere convenient on the property for the men to use. Port-o-potty’s cost about $100.00 per month to rent and are a good value.


Learn About Our Covid-19 Safety Guidelines »

Scroll to Top